HWF has partnered with Charity Challenge, specialists in delivering exceptional adventure challenges, allowing you to raise money to help us continue our vital work for healthcare workers.
Rise to the challenge
For over 20 years, Charity Challenge has created and managed international expeditions, operating challenges across six continents, in over 30 countries worldwide! There is plenty to choose from whether you’re after a challenge abroad or closer to home. Either way, you’re in safe hands and will have an amazing time for a very worthy cause.
Here are a few of our favourites:
National Three Peaks Challenge
Take on the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales. Considered one of Britain’s toughest outdoor challenges, the National Three Peaks Challenge takes in the dizzy heights of Ben Nevis (1,344m), Scafell Pike (978m) and Snowdon (1,085m) and your task is to conquer them all in 24 hours Find out more
London Royal Parks Challenge
Challenge yourself to this 45km distance trek between the 10 London Royal Parks. This epic route will take you across historic parkland and beautiful green spaces, while passing some of the finest architecture in London. From Richmond Park, along the banks of the River Thames, passing iconic Westminster and Buckingham Palace, before ending in Greenwich Park. Find out more
Lake District Triple Challenge
This incredible challenge pits you against the spectacular adventure playground of the Lake District National Park. Trek to the summit of one of the Lake District’s most iconic peaks, the Old Man of Coniston, before testing yourself on the off-road mountain bike trails of Grizedale Forest, and finishing off by kayaking across beautiful Coniston Water. Find out more
Everest Base Camp
Standing at a formidable 8,848m, the summit of Mount Everest offers the perfect backdrop for this trek of a lifetime. Starting in Lukla, your route will take you through Sherpa villages, past beautiful monasteries and over jaw-dropping suspension bridges until you reach the base camp of the world’s highest mountain. You’ll have the option to wonder at the scenery below the highest point of Kala Patthar before celebrating in mystical Kathmandu.
Find out more
London to Paris Bike Ride
This classic London to Paris cycle ride takes you through the beautiful Kent countryside before crossing the Channel to Calais. Over the course of four days, cyclists will cover an impressive 435kms through England and France. A challenge for those who are new to the sport, as well as the experienced cyclist. Find out more
A team of loyal huskies leads the way through the snow-covered forests and mountains of Swedish Lapland, across 200kms of beautiful, frozen landscape. Experience the silence of nature while gliding through this winter wonderland, taking the opportunity to spot elk and reindeer and even see the spectacular Northern Lights. Find out more
If these don’t take your fancy, discover other challenges here.
“Everyone else is doing so much good, and hopefully my challenge means I can give something back to the people in the jobs that matter the most.”
Jonny, Three Peaks Challenge participant who raised £800
Support along the way
- Your own login area with comprehensive information about fitness training, fundraising, flights and much more.
- Reminders about insurance, passports and how/when to apply for a visa.
- A bespoke kit list and access to kit discounts through major retailers.
- Representatives on hand via phone or email to answer any questions, from room sharing, to dietary requirements, to which jacket to buy.
- You’ll be fully supported by a first-aid trained, English-speaking expedition leader, guides and support team.
- We will send you a fundraising pack, full of top tips and advice.
- HWF literature to spread awareness of your fundraising and our work.
- A snazzy HWF T-shirt.
- We can also promote your fundraising on our social media channels and in our eNewsletter to let the world know how you are supporting the welfare and wellbeing of healthcare workers nationwide.
- Support from the fundraising team every step of the way.
Who can take part?
- Friends and family
- Community groups and voluntary organisations