Step Up for HWF
Did you know that nursing staff walk at least 61,000 steps a week? That’s more than a marathon…over 29 miles!
Put your best foot forward
At the Healthcare Workers’ Foundation we know that healthcare staff have jobs that are not only emotionally, but also physically demanding. They give their all to look after us when we most need them. We think it’s time to go the distance and show our healthcare workers just how much we appreciate them! Join #TeamHWF and walk 10,000 steps every day for a month to raise much-needed funds to continue our work supporting healthcare workers.
Every day for a month
Track your steps
Fundraise for HWF
You can get your steps in however you like, just clock up 10,000 steps a day to keep on track. We’ve included some top tips below to get you started! There’s no fundraising target - any amount you raise will make a difference to healthcare workers struggling across the UK.
It’s a good idea to set up a JustGiving page to make your fundraising easier.
Sign Up for Step Up for HWF
- Raise £100 or more to receive a free HWF T-shirt.
- Your £100 could pay for two counselling sessions to support the many healthcare workers suffering from PTSD, struggling to cope with everyday life.
WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
Registration is free! Once you sign up, we will send you the following:
- Top tips for stepping up
- Step tracker
- Sponsorship form
- Fundraising advice
You can also download our resources on our website.
Getting Your Steps In
- Take a moving break - go for a short walk during a lunch/coffee break.
- Park further away - steps to and from the car soon add up.
- Step on the spot whilst watching TV - clock up the steps when watching your favourite show or film.
- Walking meeting - got a work call? Can you walk and talk?